Post 2 - Edition 251 (November 3, 2006)
I've Lived in this place and I know all the faces
(Gen, PG-13, 2767)
- Author's Summary: The only one left, Dean as an old man is haunted every Halloween by those he's lost.
- My thoughts: This one just hurt so much but was just so very beautiful. A ghost story of all the people that Dean's out-lived. I literally had tears in my eyes by the end. So very, very good and creepy as hell. It's one to break out your hot cocoa and security blanket for. That River in Egypt
(Gen, PG-13, double drabble)
- Author's Summary: Two stories written for supernatural100 drabble challenge #46 Denial
- My thoughts: Two drabbles; the first one is a "what Dean says vs what he means" and the second is just a funny brother moment. Worth a look. Jack's Lament
(Gen, PG-13, 1172)
- Author's Summary: Sammy doesn't care what he dresses up as Halloween when he's growing up, so Dean gets really creative picking out his costumes.
- My thoughts: A look at every Halloween through Sam's eyes. Cute, but overall nothing remarkable to make it stand out. Smoke and Mirrors
(Gen, PG, 768)
- Author's Summary: none given
- My thoughts: I thought it was a little heavy on the words in the beginning. But once the scene was set up, I really got into it. It parallels the present with the past very well. I liked. Even Though You Can
(John/Ellen, PG, 457)
- Author's Summary: ahem. well this spawned from my crack theory about how exactly John fit in regard to Ellen (and Jo). feel free to mock me at your leisure. Ellen pov.
- My thoughts: Yeah, crack theory. Would have been okay if there had been a bit more substance to back the theory up. Black Days
- Author's Summary: Ellen has issues. Dean's just along for the ride.
- My thoughts: For the win. Dean and Ellen are so spot on that I actually think this could be in the next episode. It's written fantastically and I want to curl up with it and cuddle. (Except I think Ellen scares me a little, too.) Mythology
- Author's Summary: ficlet. 'no exit' coda, or sorts
- My thoughts: Sweet. I like the tiny details in this, the things Jo remembers and focuses on seem very real for her. Very convincing Jo point of view, even if I can't see Jo ever being open with Sam. Day Spa
(John/Dean, Adult, words)
- Author's Summary: None Given
- My thoughts: Wow. Dirty and Hot and dirty and hot and... If John/Dean doesn't make you cringe, I would highly suggest this because... wow. Satisfaction
(Jared/Jensen implied, NC-17, 609 words)
- Author's Summary: Jensen has some "alone time."
- My thoughts: Who doesn't like wanking fics? The shift from second person to third person is a little strange. I would've liked to see the whole fic in one or the other. Still, very nice visuals throughout. Well , A Person Can Work Up a Mean, Mean Thirst
- Author's Summary: None Given
- My thoughts: Short fic featuring a "punked-out" Jensen who's been away from Jared for some time. The fic is fun and sexy, but possibly a little overly verbose. I like the visual of Jensen in a kilt and black eye makeup and they are both written well. Thumbs up. Mine
- Author's Summary: Schloompy word!porn (verbal masterbation), mirror!porn, toy!porn...and yeah, incest... This is pointless PWP...what more do you need for a summary?
- My thoughts: To be quite honest with you, I think my brain short-circuted first time I read it and I really couldn't tell you my own name. So, I read it again. Upon the second read through, it's still sizzling and just porn. Aside from names, the characters don't really seem like Sam and Dean, but there's a huge part of me that doesn't care because it's that hot. Jet Black Jealousy
(implied wincest, pg, short)
- Author's Summary: The Impala, jealous? Why of course! Set at the end of No Exit, but there aren't really any spoilers.
- My thoughts: Cute, short, fun. If the Impala had a voice, she would not let certain people ride in her. May the Devil Be the Judge
(Wincest, pg-13, 628 words)
- Author's Summary: None given
- My thoughts: I would probably give this fic a higher rating. This fic stands somewhere between angst and fluff. Exploration of Dean's perspective on what it's like to fuck around with his little brother? Maybe? I liked it, even though it was short for a subject that I think could be talked about for a long time. There were a few grammar and punctuation errors, but they're easily looked over. I would've liked to see this fic a little longer and delving even futher into what Dean feels about Sam. Kids These Days
(Sam/Dean, NC-17, 4460 words)
- Author's Summary: Halloween parties are never simple when there are Winchesters involved.
- My thoughts: So cute. This is exactly the kind of weird thing I would expect to happen to the Winchesters on Halloween. Dean as a sex-god and Sam as a vampire just made me gleeful, even if the roles seem a little obvious, but I think that's the point. Wonderfully written and a fun, quick read. I Got A Few Friends
(Sam/Dean, Dean/Others, PG13, 1077 words)
- Author's Summary: apocalypse fic, references to hustling,
- My thoughts: I liked the quiet desperation in this, the way Dean is still so protective of his brother, and that there is so much squished into such a small fic. Could use a beta, but otherwise I liked it. If My Wings Should Fail Me
(Dean/Sam, NC-17, 4887 words)
- Author's Summary: Sam gets himself into a spot of trouble.
- My thoughts: The author warns for crack-fic, but it's written, well, like a serious fic. Aside from the fact that Sam sprouts wings (which is very well explained) it's really not crack. Dean and Sam are spot on. I love that Dean even cracks feather jokes. So Dean. The sex is hot too, and tasteful, and believable. I liked it.